I liked this recipe from the start. It didn’t complicate things with tons of steps and most of the ingredients I had on hand. With a prep time of only 10 minutes, I could just pop it in the oven – pretty simple, pretty delicious, pretty perfect for a Saturday (or Sunday if you prefer to watch the pros) day of football.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 ounces bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) * NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 8-inch-square baking dish.
LAYER 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers. Combine evaporated milk, egg and seasoned salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.