Simple Shepherd's Pie
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- garlic powder and seasoning salt to taste
- 3/4 ounce package brown gravy mix
- 2 cans (10 3/4-ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 10 ounces package frozen peas, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown beef and onion in a skillet; season to with garlic powder and seasoning salt. Drain; pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in gravy mix, soup, water, carrots and peas; mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 9 inch deep-dish plate; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread mashed potatoes over top; bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika.
Read more at http://www.recipelion.com/Savory-Pies/Simple-Shepherds-Pie#pa01GfWSICmacfOq.99