Frozen Chocolate Zebra Cake
Frozen Zebra Stack
What a wild week we had during our "Taste of Disney" series and this eye-catching no-bake dessert salutes the incredible animals we saw at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our whimsical Frozen Zebra Stack has layer after layer of tasty textures, and is sure to be the talk of your table.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (14.4-ounce) package chocolate-flavored graham crackers
- 1 (16-ounce) container ready-to-spread white frosting
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, whisk vanilla pudding mix and milk 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in whipped topping.
- Place a single layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Evenly spread one-third of pudding over graham crackers. Repeat layers of graham crackers and pudding 2 more times, ending with a layer of graham crackers. Cover and freeze 6 hours.
- Spread frosting evenly over top.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening 45 to 60 seconds, stirring until smooth. Place mixture in a small resealable bag, and cut off a small piece of the corner. Pipe lines of chocolate from top to bottom about 1 inch apart. Run a butter knife through the lines in the opposite direction, creating a zebra pattern. Serve immediately or cover and freeze until ready to serve.
Why not try all our delicious Disney-inspired recipes!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Desserts/Frozen-Zebra-Stack/ml/1/?utm_source=ppl-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mrfooddaily20140102#A1F7UEyJy87WOK6O.99