Thursday, March 20, 2014

101 Kids Easter Basket Ideas



101 Kids Easter Basket Ideas

by JESSICATURNER on MARCH 22, 2012
FROM:  http://www.themomcreative.com/2012/03/101-kids-easter-basket-ideas.html
101 Kids Easter Basket Gift Ideas
I love putting together Easter baskets! My mom always did an incredible job with our Easter baskets when I was kid.  I love being a mommy now and getting to do the same. If you have read this blog for any length of time, you know I am a huge proponent in shopping sales and year-round. That ensures that: a) we don’t spend a ton of extra money in one month on gifts b) I always have a decent stockpile of gifts c) I can get REALLY great bargains. You can find lots of wonderful deals for Easter baskets even if you aren’t a year-round deal shopper like me. I highly recommend checking out The Dollar Store or the dollar section at Target and/or Michaels. These stores offers dozens of little gifts that kids love! I was amazed when I went to The Dollar Store this weekend at all the fun little toys and gadgets they had to offer (particularly in the realm of superheroes – Elias’s current obsession). Another way to find excellent bargains are by shopping on sites like GrouponZulily and Totsy. Each of these sites offer toys, clothes and gifts at significantly discounted prices. I love putting something personalized in my kids’ baskets. This year Elias is getting a superhero t-shirt with his name on it (I can’t remember where I ordered it from!) and Adeline is getting a personalized book from Paper Hat Press (we love their books!). For the photo I also tucked in her Baby Be Blessed doll because I think it would make a perfect Easter basket gift. (The dolls are handmade and include your child’s name and a special scripture verse). I also think it is important to include something faith oriented in your child’s Easter basket since Jesus is why we celebrate Easter. As much as I love the fun of Easter baskets and egg hunts, they do not replace the true meaning of this important holiday. Below is a list of 101 Easter basket gift ideas. I hope it inspires you to put something you hadn’t thought of in your child’s Easter basket this year.
  1. Books (A few ideas: That’s Not My Bunny or Pat the Bunny for a baby; The Runaway BunnyA Beatrix Potter TreasuryThe Parable Of The Lily and The Easter Story for toddlers and young children. I just ordered these last two books for Elias’s basket – which is why they aren’t in the picture!)
  2. The Jesus Storybook Bible (Every child needs a copy of this Bible. If your child is older, you might get their own bible with their name on the cover.)
  3. Candy (I’m not big on candy, but a big lollipop or a chocolate bunny – definitely a fun treat. PEZ dispensers are also awesome.)
  4. crayons
  5. Markers
  6. coloring books (We always buy our coloring books at The Dollar Store. They have so many to choose from.)
  7. Silly putty (I used to love getting silly putty in my Easter basket!)
  8. toothbrush (The Dollar Store has REALLY fun kids toothbrushes. Elias is obsessed with his Spiderman brush that we got there.)
  9. Kids watch (Again, The Dollar Store!)
  10. Small doll (I love Adeline’s Baby Be Blessed doll)
  11. stuffed animal (Kohls has $5 stuffed animals and the proceeds support local children’s hospitals)
  12. t-shirt (maybe one that is personalized)
  13. puzzles (Melissa and Doug Puzzles are awesome)
  14. Barbie
  15. Superheros (Elias would love this Marvel Super Hero Mini Figure Set)
  16. stickers
  17. Toy animals
  18. Small game
  19. Card games (Love this set of four Children’s Card Games)
  20. Gift card (iTunes, Target, Borders, etc.)
  21. Play-doh
  22. Paint or Do-A-Dot paints (we love to dot paint!)
  23. Plain wood, canvases or ceramics to paint
  24. Foam stickers and shapes (You can usually find these really cheap at craft stores)
  25. Bath soap
  26. Bubble bath (We love The Honest Company’s bath products)
  27. shaving cream
  28. Bath crayons
  29. Crayola Color Bath Dropz
  30. Hair accessories
  31. DVDs (Veggie aTales ‘Twas the Night Before Easter)
  32. CDs (The Tuneables and You Are My Little Bird are huge favorites around here. I think I like them as much as the kids. I have also heard great things about the Seeds Family Worship albums)
  33. Pool toys
  34. Sandbox toys
  35. Cars
  36. Sidewalk Chalk
  37. Swimsuits (I bought Adeline’s swimsuits this year from Zulily)
  38. Rain gear
  39. Bouncy balls
  40. Big ball (soccer, basketball, football)
  41. Army men
  42. Lip gloss
  43. Nail polish
  44. Bubbles
  45. Jump Rope
  46. Fun band aids
  47. Kite
  48. Fun summer shoes (ie: sandals or crocs)
  49. Sunglasses
  50. Hat
  51. Stationery
  52. Fun socks
  53. Lotion
  54. Wind-up toy
  55. Slinky
  56. Action figures
  57. Angry Birds stuffed animals
  58. Flower seeds
  59. Gardening tools
  60. Bug House
  61. Flashlight
  62. YoYo
  63. Baseball cards
  64. Legos
  65. Fairy wings
  66. Magic wand
  67. Necklace
  68. Earrings
  69. Lisa Leonard decor (sign up for her newsletter on  the website and you’ll get a coupon! Easter orders must be placed by 3/27)
  70. Painting smock
  71. Pajamas
  72. Photo canvas for their room
  73. stencils
  74. Small purse or wallet
  75. Wind-up toy
  76. Planes
  77. Small instrument  (recorder, tambourine, cymbals, etc.)
  78. Temporary tattoos
  79. Puppets
  80. Word searches
  81. Construction paper
  82. Stamps and  ink pads
  83. Pool floats
  84. Bath toys
  85. Water bottles
  86. Disposable camera
  87. Personalized notebook
  88. Blocks
  89. Apron
  90. Mini-Piggy Bank
  91. chia pet
  92. Comic books
  93. Keychains
  94. Diary/journal
  95. Picture frame
  96. Bike accessories (horn, streamers, etc.)
  97. Posters
  98. Wall decals
  99. Movie tickets (like to see The Lorax!)
  100. Silly Bandz
  101. Magazine subscription (Highlights, Ranger Rick)
- See more at: http://www.themomcreative.com/2012/03/101-kids-easter-basket-ideas.html#sthash.lqqvfVrw.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment