Sunday, February 16, 2014

Baked "Fried" Chicken

BAKED FRIED CHICKEN -


Baked *Fried* Chicken Recipe

239K+
My family is freaking out over this chicken recipe…
A family favorite, this baked chicken recipe, tastes fried, but isn't. No skin. No frying. Just super moist and flavorful! Move over KFC, I think you found your rival! Pin now, make later! Pin now, make later. Bakerette.com

They loved it. Mr. Chef adored it! He loved it so much he asked if I could make it again tomorrow! You gotta know something about Mr. Chef…when he finds something he likes, he wants to either go to the same restaurant week after week and get the same thing, or he wants me to make the same meal over and over again. He’s like on repeat mode and I can’t turn it off.
Okay, on to this recipe…how is it you can make incredible fried chicken without frying it in hot oil? The secret is in the sauce…using a SMALL amount of butter and BAKING the chicken. Oh boy, I can just hear some people saying ”well what’s the difference between using oil or using butter? One, I’m baking these babies in a SMALL amount of butter in comparison to the loads of oil you fry chicken in. Two, I’m using skinless chicken breast, making it even healthier. So, even though there is technically “oil” in this, it’s less than if you were actually frying it; making it healthier than the traditional fried chicken.
Now I’m sounding like a preacher. My kids tell me that I’m pretty good at preaching. Yep, I’m in practice for the ministry. I kind of like the idea of pounding my fist and talking hell, fire, and damnation. :)
Any-who…this chicken recipe has no skin. No frying. Just super moist and flavorful. Move over KFC, I think you found your match!
Pin now, make later!

Stay Up-To-Date With Bakerette

5.0 from 1 reviews
Baked *Fried* Chicken
 
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
Author: 
Recipe type: Poultry
Cuisine: American
Serves: 6
Ingredients
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into thirds
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon seasoned salt (I use Lawry’s Seasoned Salt)
  • 3/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 stick butter (or 1/4 cup)
  • Buttermilk
  • 1 gallon-size Ziploc bag (optional)
Instructions
  1. Place thawed chicken strips in a bowl of buttermilk, cover, and let soak 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator..
  2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
  3. Combine and mix thoroughly flour, salt, seasoned salt, pepper, and Paprika in a gallon-size Ziploc bag or bowl.
  4. Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9- x 13-inch pan. Melt butter in preheated oven.
  5. Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.
  6. Shake excess buttermilk off chicken and completely coat each piece in flour mixture. Either shake in the bag until coated or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.
  7. Place each piece of chicken in the preheated pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn each piece of chicken over and continue baking for 20 minutes more, or until cooked through (170 degrees F).
Recipe adpated from Amy Lindstrom's OurLifeUncommon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment