Monday, October 14, 2013

How to Add Legs To Furniture the Easy Way


How to add legs to furniture

Today I’m going to show you how to add legs to virtually any piece of furniture. It’s super simple and pretty fool proof! If you can use a drill, you can do it! 
First, you’ll need the materials. I got the bookcase on the side of the road and the metal brackets and legs from Lowes. They have a bunch of different sizes and styles so choose the size and style to suit your piece of furniture and your style. You will need a drill or a strong arm and a screwdriver. For this piece, I needed 4 brackets (under $2 each) and 4 legs (also under $2 each). Note: only 3 are pictured but I obviously needed 4. *winks*
Next, you’ll simply screw the metal plates on the bottom of your piece.
Then, the leg screws into the metal plate and that’s it!
All done! Now, I’m sure you know I’m not a fan of faux wood laminate furniture so I painted it. There’s an excellent tutorial for painting laminate here.. 
Here’s a close up of the legs. I love the added height and since the bookshelf was going in such a small space, the legs make it look less heavy in the room. I love how it turned out.
Told ya you could do it! Check out the full post for baby’s nursery nook here

No comments:

Post a Comment