Thursday, March 28, 2013

Homemade Silly Putty

I thought this was a perfect thing to make and fill those little Easter eggs with!  Such fun and the kids can help make and, of course, play with it too!!  Wonderful tutorial brought to you by Homemade by Jaci:


Silly Putty -2 Household Ingredients

silly putty
I’m always looking for stuff for my kids, especially for the holidays, that doesn’t have sugar. They get so much already!
So, this is what it is. Water, elmers glue, and Borax.
Recipe:
3 Tbsp. Water
1/4 Cup Elmers glue
1/2 teas. borax dissolved in 1/4 Cup HOT water
Directions:
Mix the water with the glue. If you want to add a little food color this is the time. I added some glitter, but it got kind of dissolved, and you can’t see it very well.
P1040243 - Copy
Then you add the borax, hot water solution. It firms up right away. I just dumped out the excess water that was left after it firmed up. Then you play with it!
P1040245 - Copy

No comments:

Post a Comment