Friday, February 15, 2013

Million Dollar Casserole

Million Dollar Casserole

from:   http://www.sweetandsavoryfood.com

I've showcased this dish before, but this version is a little different.  The original name of this dish is Million Dollar Spaghetti.

But, I was out of spaghetti.  So, enter in elbow macaroni.  Pretty much the same dish, just a slightly different look.

I texted my good friend that gave me this recipe years ago last weekend saying I was making it.  You know it's a keeper when she texted back that she was just talking about it and she is also putting it into charity cookbook she is working on.  Keeper!


 
 
 
Refrigerate overnight, then bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

We ate this for three meals this week.  I'm not kidding.  And lunches.  It makes that much.  Luckily it reheats well and tastes great the second....and third time!
 
 
Million Dollar Spaghetti

1 lb. spaghetti noodles/macaroni
1 lb. ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/4 c. sour cream (I used light)
1/3 c. chopped onion
3 T. unsalted butter, melted
8 oz. block of cream cheese (I used light)
8 oz. cottage cheese
1 t. garlic salt

Cook spaghetti, drain and set aside. Saute ground beef and onion until brown, drain and add spaghetti sauce, set aside. Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, and garlic salt. In a 9x13 greased pan, spread 1/2 of the spaghetti noodles, cover with cheese mixture, and add remainder of spaghetti. Pour melted butter over spaghetti, and then spread the meat mixture on top. Chill (can be refrigerated overnight), and remove from fridge 20 min. before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment